curl, a command line tool to download over HTTPS, FTP, and other protocols.
curlcan be useful for online investigations as an alternative to
Everything you do with
curlgoes through the Tor network. If you want to use
curlon a local network, use
Changes and updates
- Use LUKS2 by default for all new Persistent Storage and LUKS encrypted volumes. LUKS2 provide stronger cryptography by default.
We will provide a migration plan from LUKS1 to LUKS2 for existing Persistent
Storage in Tails 5.14 (early June).
- Update Tor Browser to 12.0.6.
For more details, read our
None specific to this release.
See the list of long-standing
Get Tails 5.13
To upgrade your Tails USB stick and keep your persistent storage
- Automatic upgrades are available from Tails 5.0 or later to 5.13.
You can reduce the size of the
download of future automatic
upgrades by doing a manual upgrade to the latest version.
- If you cannot do an automatic upgrade or if Tails fails to start after an automatic upgrade, please try to do a manual upgrade.
To install Tails on a new USB stick
Follow our installation instructions:
- Install from Windows
- Install from macOS
- Install from Linux
- Install from Debian or Ubuntu using the command line and GnuPG
The Persistent Storage on the USB stick will be lost if you install instead of
To download only
If you don’t need installation or upgrade instructions, you can download Tails
Support and feedback
For support and feedback, visit the Support
section on the Tails website.